Jio eSIM: Jio eSIM Activation, How to Activate same Jio eSIM on an iPhone & Apple Watch
Currently, Some brands support eSIM Apple, Samsung, Google, and Motorola support Jio eSIM.
Jio, one of India's largest telecom providers, now offers eSIM, or Embedded Subscriber Identity Module, in addition to traditional SIM cards. Along with Vodafone Idea and Airtel, it is one of the few telecom companies that offer eSIM. The eSIM may benefit smartphone manufacturers because it allows them to add more useful functions to a handset while saving space. They are, however, only compatible with a few smartphone brands, such as Apple, Smartphone, Motorola, and Google.
Many smartphone manufacturers avoid using this connectivity method because it is an expensive technology that directly involves creating a dedicated space on the motherboard. This is not to say that eSIM is without advantages. One of the primary advantages of eSIM is that customers will no longer need to visit the store because changes can be made remotely by operators. As a result, any task that previously required the removal of a physical SIM card will now become obsolete with eSIM. Let us learn more about the operation of Jio's eSIM service.
What is Jio eSIM?
Thanks to an integrated SIM in your smart communication device, you can activate your Jio prepaid/postpaid subscription service on the device without requiring a physical SIM card on eSIM-enabled handsets. Users can digitally download the Jio SIM profile from a distance using a device that supports eSIM. Currently, only Apple, Samsung, Google, and Motorola support Jio eSIM.
Things to Keep in Mind When do Jio eSIM Activation
- Before beginning the configuration process, ensure that your phone is connected to a mobile network or Wi-Fi.
- Selecting the 'Remove Data Plan' or 'Erase Plan' option in device settings will permanently delete the eSIM profile.
- If it is accidentally or unintentionally removed, go to your nearest Jio Store, Reliance Digital, or Jio retailer with identification and a photograph to complete the SIM swap process.
- The Activation Code is one-of-a-kind and can only be used on a single device.
- Each device has its own set of activation procedures.
- Click on the phone brand for eSIM activation instructions.
How to Activate Your Jio eSIM?
Reliance Jio currently supports eSIM activation on select iOS and Android phones. While activating your Jio eSIM on your smartphone is a simple and straightforward process, you must follow different procedures for activating the eSIM on different operating systems.
Activate Jio eSIM on Android Phones
In the case of Android, eSIM can currently only be activated on Motorola, Samsung, and Google smartphones. Different methods are required to activate eSIM on various Android brands. In this article, we will use a Samsung smartphone to activate the Jio eSIM service.
- Open the Settings menu on your Samsung phone.
- Click on the About section to reveal an IMEI number.
- The EID number can then be obtained by clicking on Status information.
- You must send an SMS GETESIM message to 199 in order to obtain the EID and IMEI number.
- Then you'll be given a 32-digit activation code, 19-digit eSIM numbers, and eSIM personal information.
- To configure the eSIM, go to Settings and then Connections.
- Select the SIM card manager now.
- Under the eSIM, click 'Add mobile plan,' then 'Scan carrier QR code.'
- On the next screen, click Enter code.
- After completing the process, you will receive a 32-digit activation code via SMS.
- Wait for your Jio eSIM to be activated before selecting Connect.
Jio eSIM Activate on iPhone (iOS)
Jio eSIM is currently available on a variety of Apple iPhone models, including the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11 series, iPhone 12 series, and others. You must use an iOS 12.1 or higher OS-based device to activate an eSIM.
- To begin, navigate to the Settings menu and select General.
- Then, select About to see your EID and IMEI number. Please keep those in mind.
- Then, from your phone, send 'SMS GETESIM' to 199, along with your phone's EID and IMEI digits.
- You will then be given a 19-digit eSIM number as well as eSIM profile setup instructions.
- You will also be notified to set up the profile.
- Text SIMCHG to 199, then enter a 19-digit eSIM code.
- In two hours, you will receive an update, which you must confirm by texting '1' to 183.
- You will then receive an automated call in which your 19-digit eSIM number will be requested.
- You will receive an SMS notification if your confirmation is successful.
- If you receive a notification to configure the profile, simply click on it and select Install data plan.
- Continue by clicking the Continue button.
- If you do not receive the notification, go to Settings and look for Jio Data Plan Ready to Install.
- Finally, press the Continue button, and your Jio eSIM should be activated.
How to convert Jio SIM to eSIM?
Convert your existing physical SIM to an eSIM or move your Jio eSIM from one device to another via SMS.
Step 1: Send the SMS 'GETESIM32 Digit EID>15 Digit IMEI>' to 199 from a handset with an active Jio SIM. If your email address has not been updated, you will receive an email requesting that you do so in order for the procedure to be restarted.
Step 2: To share an eSIM number for eSIM processing, send an SMS to 199 with the text SIMCHG. In two hours, you will receive an update on the status of your eSIM application.
Step 3: Confirm and activate your eSIM by sending a text message to 183 and requesting an automated call from +91 2235072222. Dial '1' on the phone to confirm. Then, follow the steps below to install 'Data plan' on your device and activate eSIM.
Benefits of eSIM
eSIM has numerous advantages over physical SIM cards. Some of the advantages of Jio eSIM are listed below.
- The eSIM can significantly reduce interior space requirements by replacing the slide-in sim tray in your smartphone with an internally integrated Jio eSIM. Unlike a traditional SIM card, it does not require a specific card slot.
- You can easily switch your network provider in India with Jio eSIM by making a phone call or submitting an online request.
- A Jio eSIM can store multiple network profiles that work flawlessly everywhere. This is an excellent option for someone who travels frequently.
- When compared to a traditional sim card, it is impossible to lose a Jio eSIM. Once you enable and configure your Jio eSIM, you can never lose it; it's a hardware chip on your device, and the only way you can lose the eSIM is if you lose or destroy your smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What happens if I switch phones or want to transfer my Jio eSIM from one device to another?
If the new device supports eSIM, you can transfer your eSIM from the old device to the new device via SMS; the previous phone's eSIM will be deleted, and the new phone's eSIM will be activated with the same Jio number.
Activating an eSIM from the self-care process via SMS is simple and can be done at any time from home. To learn more about the activation process, please select one of the smart devices listed below.
2. How do I get a new Jio eSIM if I don't have a Jio SIM card?
Customers must go to the nearest Jio Store with their eSIM-enabled device, complete the KYC procedures, and request an eSIM to receive a new Jio eSIM connection. You must provide proof of identity and address to complete the KYC requirements. You must bring the same documents as you would for a new physical SIM-based connection.
3. Is Jio eSIM free of charge?
No, there are no extra fees or hidden costs associated with converting a physical SIM card to an e-SIM.
4. Who is eligible for Jio eSIM?
Jio eSIM is available to all existing and new Jio customers who own handsets that support eSIM.
5. Can I purchase an eSIM online?
You can easily activate an eSIM card on your smartphone or tablet that supports eSIM.
6. Is eSIM secure?
In terms of security, eSIMs are typically quite secure because criminals cannot physically take them and insert them into other devices. They can also be programmed to require authorization whenever a user profile is updated.
7. How much time does it take to activate a Jio eSIM?
Whether you go to a store or try to activate the Jio eSIM on your own, it won't take long. If you go to a store, the eSIM will be activated right away. If you do it yourself, your eSIM will be activated immediately after you complete all of the steps.
8. How do I uninstall Jio eSIM from my iPhone/Android?
If you want to remove your phone's eSIM, follow the steps listed below.
In terms of iOS:
- Settings are accessible.
- Choose between Mobile Data and Cellular.
- Tap the strategy you want to get rid of.
- Select "Remove Cellular Plan."
In terms of Android:
- Go to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager.
- Select the plan you want to delete from eSIM.
- Switch the eSIM-disabling switch to the off position.
- Select Delete.
Thank you for sticking with me until the end. Like our Facebook page for more such informative and exclusive tech content.