Best Web Hosting For Small Business
Best Web Hosting For Small Businesses in India.
Your online business will rise and fall based on the performance of your website. That is why the web hosting company you select for your small business is critical. If you choose the wrong option, you will experience sluggish load times and downtimes.
In this article, I'll help you choose the best web host for small businesses. I'll walk you through the seven best small business web hosting providers, their features, and their pros and cons.
Here's a quick rundown of the various web hosts I'll be looking at.
What Are The Best Web Hosting Services for Small Business Owners?
The following are the seven best web hosts for small business owners:
The guide is divided into mini-reviews in which I delve into the data and provide you with an idea of what each small business web host has to offer. First, however...
Best Web Hosting For Small Business Compared
When I'm attempting to analyze data, I like to have all of the relevant information in one place. The table below summarizes the most important facts:
Let's take a look at the top web hosting companies for small businesses. I'll begin with my personal favorite company.
WPX is a WordPress web host that is managed. WPX offers three dedicated hosting packages:
- Business: Up to five websites, 10 GB of storage, and 100 GB of bandwidth are available. You will also have access to the WPX CDN.
- Professional: Up to 15 websites, 20 GB of storage, and 200 GB of bandwidth are available. You will also have access to the WPX CDN.
- Elite: Up to 35 websites, 40 GB of storage, and unlimited bandwidth are all available. You will also have access to the WPX CDN.
These are the three hosting packages that include access to a dedicated server. Let's take a look at why they're a good choice for small business web hosting.
- Fast load times: WPX has the fastest load times of any business web hosting company. As a result, they are my preferred small business web host.
- Great customer service: Live chat is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Any inquiry receives a response in less than 30 seconds, and the majority of problems are resolved on the first encounter.
- Daily backups: WPX provides daily automatic backup services. If something goes wrong with your site, such as accidentally deleting a few vital lines of code, you can request a refresh. Some businesses charge exorbitant fees for this service.
- Free SSL certificates: If you purchase your domain through WPX, you will receive free certificates. An SSL certificate protects data transmission between your client's computer and the other websites.
- Easy to navigate UI: Everything is easily accessible via WPX's dashboard. You can check your disk space or bandwidth usage, and they'll send you email reminders as you approach your limit.
- Cost of service: WPX is a mid-tier web hosting provider. If you're just getting started, $25 per month may seem excessive when other small business website hosts charge less than $100 per year.
- Hosting and data limits: WPX hosting has clearly defined hosting limits. If you require more server space or higher bandwidth, you will have to pay a higher fee for the service. Many other services will limit your bandwidth instead of charging you more.
WPX has a strong USP. They've worked hard to provide exceptional website loading speed and customer service. Being a member of WPX is similar to having a team of WordPress developers on hand 24 hours a day, seven days a week to solve your problems - within reason.
The company's live chat response time is 30 seconds. If you understand your customer service KPI, you'll realize that a quick response doesn't mean much on its own. You'll be relieved to know that they also resolve the majority of customer issues on the first visit.
WPX is the best web hosting for small business owners and online entrepreneurs in my opinion. There are no add-ons, upsells, or hidden fees with WPX. It provides excellent value for money and is the best web hosting for WordPress users.
I examined the major benefits and drawbacks of WPX-managed WordPress hosting. I'll quickly go over some of the other features that set them apart when it comes to business hosting.
FTP/SFTP Access: Although WordPress is installed through the WPX Hosting client area dashboard, you can access your server space via FTP and SFTP.
Using an FTP client, you can securely upload and plugin files. There is also a testing area where you can experiment with a website or app before releasing it.
WPX Cloud: WPX's content delivery network ensures that sites hosted on their servers load quickly regardless of where the customers are located. The CDN was built specifically for the company to provide extremely fast site load times.
In the event that your website is hacked, the support team can also assist you.
WPX is the best web hosting provider for small businesses and SEOs. They provide excellent value for money with their cloud hosting services. They also provide excellent service and customer support.
SiteGround is a trustworthy business web host. Managed WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, and WooCommerce hosting are all available.
SiteGround offers three different shared hosting plans:
- StartUp: With 10 GB of web space, one website hosting, and unmetered bandwidth, this plan is suitable for up to 10,000 visitors per month.
- \GrowBig: With 20 GB of web space, unlimited website hosting, and unmetered bandwidth, this plan is suitable for up to 25,000 visitors per month.
- GoGeek: With 40 GB of web space, unlimited website hosting, and unmetered bandwidth, it can handle up to 100,000 visitors per month.
All packages include unmetered bandwidth. The unmetered bandwidth comes with a recommendation for the maximum number of visitors. So, not exactly unmetered.
- Fast servers: SiteGround servers are designed to be fast. You have the option of hosting your files wherever you want. They have data centers spread across four continents.
- Good Customer Service: SiteGround is known for providing excellent customer service. They offer phone and chat support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Daily Backups: In the event of an unfortunate event, your data is always protected and secured.
- Free SSL Certificate: If you purchase a URL from SiteGround, you will receive a free certificate.
- Reliable uptime: The uptime performance of SiteGround is 99.99%. Essentially, your site will be available almost always.
- Focused on smaller customers: SiteGround offers excellent entry-level and enterprise hosting plans. They do, however, lack solid hosting options in the middle ground.
SiteGround is one of the most popular and highly rated website hosts for small businesses. SiteGround includes features such as daily backups, automatic upgrades, free CDN, and free SSL.
SiteGround provides low-cost web hosting for businesses. Here are a few features that distinguish SiteGround:
Protection Against Hacking: SiteGround has excellent security features that keep your website safe. They provide a web application firewall (WAF) that guards against security breaches.
Free Site Migration for One Website: A free website migration plugin is available from SiteGround. You generate a token from your SiteGround hosting account, and the plugin handles the rest. It's pretty cool.
User-Friendly Dashboard: The SiteGround dashboard makes it simple to manage everything. A CRM can be installed on a new site in a matter of minutes.
SiteGround has a testing area as well. You can test new designs and updates before releasing them to the public.
SiteGround has had a 99.99% uptime over the last year. When it comes to speed and uptime, it ranks among the top website hosting companies. It's an excellent choice for a business hosting plan and offers excellent value for money.
If you have a small business website, HostPapa is one of the best companies to work with. Cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and reseller hosting are all available. Here's a quick comparison of two shared hosting plans and the cheapest VPS package:
- Business shared hosting plan: Unmetered bandwidth, unmetered disk space, and free domain registration.
- Business Pro: Free domain registration, free SSL certificates, unmetered bandwidth, and unlimited sites.
- Mercury, VPS: 4 core CPU, 2 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD storage, and 1 TB transfer rate
If you need web hosting for your business, the shared hosting plans are an excellent value. The storage capacity of the VPS storage packages ranges from 50GB SSD to 200GB SSD.
With HostPapa, you have access to bandwidth ranging from 500 GB to 1.4 TB. They provide a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Great place for buying domains: Because HostPapa is a domain registrar, they have a larger selection of domain TLDs.
- Global coverage: All hosting plans include free Cloudflare CDN services. A CDN will ensure that your site's content loads quickly no matter where you are in the world.
- Daily backups: Your website will be backed up every day. The basic plans include up to 1GB of backup space.
- Good customer service: You can contact the support team via live chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They also have an extensive knowledge base, complete with video tutorials.
- Focused on North America: HostPapa's data centers are mostly located in North America. Consider using a different business website hosting provider if you are not located in the United States or Canada.
- Slow customer support: Even though HostPapa provides 24-hour customer support, getting in touch with someone can take some time. I'm confident that their first response resolution rates are nowhere near WPX's.
HostPapa offers 24-hour customer service and a 30-day money-back guarantee. They are an excellent hosting provider for businesses, organizations, and growing websites.
That concludes the pros and cons. Let's take a look at some of the unique features that distinguish HostPapa as one of the best web hosting options for small business websites.
Uptime and Load Time: Over the last year, HostPapa has had an uptime of 99.99% with only one hour of downtime. They had an average load speed of 565 ms during the same time period.
Green Web Hosting: HostPapa distinguishes itself from other small business web hosting providers by attempting to go green. They purchase renewable energy credits to offset the energy they consume.
If you care about the environment, this is ideal.
Domain Names: During the first year of service, HostPapa provides free domain registration. SSL certificates with encryption are included for free. Premium Wildcard certificates, on the other hand, will be charged.
When you get past the ambiguous pricing, which doesn't make the best first impression, you'll discover that HostPapa provides an excellent service. They provide low-cost web hosting services and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Accuweb Hosting offers a variety of Linux and Windows-based shared hosting plans. They also provide WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, cloud hosting, and other services. The WordPress Accuweb Windows hosting plans are summarized below:
- WordPress Personal: Unlimited sites, 20 GB storage, 1 TB bandwidth (enough for up to 75,000 visitors per month), and a free SSL certificate are all included.
- WordPress Small Business: Unlimited sites, 50 GB storage, 1 TB bandwidth (enough for up to 200,000 visitors per month), and a free SSL certificate are all included.
- WordPress Enterprise: Unlimited sites, 100 GB storage, 2.5 TB bandwidth (enough for up to 1 million visitors per month), and a free SSL certificate are all included.
There is a significant difference between the various types of hosting packages and the enterprise hosting plan. I doubt that a web hosting plan can handle 75,000 visitors per month while providing lightning-fast server times for less than $3 per month.
- Great range of plans: Accuweb Hosting offers highly customizable VPS and dedicated hosting plans. Many people, I'm sure, will appreciate the option of Linux and Windows hosting plans.
- Global presence: Data centers are located in the United States, France, India, Australia, and Singapore. That means your site will load quickly in the market you've chosen.
- 24/7 customer support: You can contact their customer service team via live chat, phone, or email. They have a support response time of 30 seconds.
- Nice Corporate Social Responsibility package: Students studying computer and systems engineering who meet certain criteria are eligible for free hosting.
- Free Backups: Daily automated backups are included with shared plans. The data is saved for one week. You can restore data as many times as you want for free.
- You’re locked into their packages: Accuweb's shared web hosting packages do not have monthly payment plans. Six months is the minimum payment period.
- Information overload: If you're new to hosting, you might be overwhelmed by the variety of plans available.
Accuweb offers one of the most affordable and dependable business hosting services available. All web hosting plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
That should give you an idea of what AccuWeb offers. Here are a few of the factors that helped Accuweb make this list of the best web hosting plans for small businesses.
SSL Certificate: Plesk and cPanel hosting include a free SSL certificate. Plesk provides a free Let's Encrypt certificate, whereas control panel hosting includes a cPanel Comodo certificate.
Uptime and Load Time: With Accuweb, you are guaranteed 99.9% uptime. Their loading time is also among the best in the small business hosting industry.
As you can see, Accuweb offers excellent service. They provide excellent value for money. They're worth considering if you're looking for the best web hosting for small businesses.
HostGator is one of the most affordable web hosting companies. Shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting plans, dedicated hosting, and a reseller plan are all available from the company.
An overview of their shared web hosting package is provided below:
- Hatchling Plan: Unmetered bandwidth, one domain, a free SSL certificate, and a free domain are all included.
- Baby Plan: Unmetered bandwidth, multiple domains, a free SSL certificate, and a free domain are all included.
- Business Plan: Unmetered bandwidth, multiple domains, a free SSL certificate, and a free domain are all included.
Hostgator provides generous hosting packages with all of its plans. Shared, WordPress, VPS, cloud, and dedicated server hosting are all available. If you want to use the tool, you also get access to a website builder.
- Reliability: one of the world's largest web hosting companies
- Cheap prices: Hostgator has mastered the concept of economies of scale. The cost of a package begins at less than $3 per month.
- Jump in prices: Renewal fees are exorbitant. There are also numerous service fees. If you need to restore a backup, for example, you will be charged $25.
- Slow customer service response: You may have to wait several minutes before speaking with a customer service representative. The customer service representative may not be able to answer your question the first time. Their customer service is no match for SiteGround's.
- Lots of upsells: There are a lot of extras that will cost you more money if you want them.
HostGator is one of the best business web hosting services. Here's a quick rundown of their service's advantages and disadvantages.
Here's a rundown of some of Hostgator's key features.
Impressive Uptime: HostGator guarantees a 99.95 percent uptime. They also guarantee a page load time of 1.17 seconds on average.
Free Site Transfer: Within 30 days of signup, HostGator offers a limited number of free transfers from other web hosting services.
When weighing the various hosting packages available from HostGator, it's important to read the fine print. There's the phrase "unmetered hosting," for example.
When you read their legalese, you'll find that "customers who use 25% or more of system resources for more than 90 seconds are in violation of the terms of service."
That is not meant to be a criticism of the company's service. Many web hosting companies use these terms to make themselves appear more appealing. Expect your $3/month hosting package to handle tens of thousands of visitors.
HostGator provides low-cost web hosting for small businesses. To gain access to their service, click the link below.
Hostinger was reviewed because it is one of the most affordable web hosting services for small businesses. They provide six different types of web hosting services at varying price points. Shared web hosting, WordPress hosting, cPanel hosting, VPS hosting, and other services are available.
Here's a quick rundown of the various shared hosting packages:
- Single Shared Hosting: one site, 30 GB storage, 100 GB bandwidth, and 10,000 monthly visitors
- Premium Shared Hosting: 100 websites, 100 GB of storage, unlimited bandwidth, and 25,000 monthly visitors
- Business Shared Hosting: 100 websites, 200 GB of storage, unlimited bandwidth, and 100,000 monthly visitors
The shared hosting packages are competitive, and Hostinger is upfront about what you get with each package, which is a plus. In addition, they provide a money-back guarantee.
- It’s Cheap: Small business web hosting packages begin at $0.99 per month. This makes them one of the most affordable business web hosting services.
- Fast Load Time: Given the hosting price, Hostinger provides extremely fast page load times.
- Range of Plans: Hostinger offers a wide range of hosting plans. The pricing is fairly straightforward.
- Great Support: Hostinger provides excellent customer service. Their live chat agents respond quickly to inquiries.
- Free SSL Certificate: On shared packages, Hostinger includes a free Let's Encrypt Certificate. For the first year, you also get a free domain name.
- Small Issue With Downtime: Out of all the online business hosting solutions on this list, Hostinger has the lowest uptime. They have an average uptime of 99.74% over the last year, with about 23 hours of downtime. By any means, it's not bad.
- No cPanel: If you're used to the traditional cPanel, Hostinger might not be the best option for you. Hostinger provides a customized control panel.
- Weekly backups: Only weekly backups are available with the shared plans. Most people are unlikely to be bothered by this.
Here's a quick rundown of Hostinger's main advantages and disadvantages.
That covers the major advantages and disadvantages of Hostinger, one of the best site hosting for small business providers. Here are some more features that distinguish Hostinger.
Supports a Variety of Programming Languages: Hostinger offers PHP, FTP, and MySQL hosting.
Great Load Times: Over the last year, Hostinger has delivered an impressive loading time average of less than 400 ms. The load time is faster than that of many other web hosting providers.
Free Website Builder: You will have access to their free website builder.
Easy to Use Interface: The Hostinger interface is simple to use.
Hostinger is one of the best web hosting solutions for small businesses. Make use of the money-back guarantee. Use the link below to get to the site.
Bluehost is owned by the same company that owns HostGator. They are a fictitious competitor to HostGator and benefit from economies of scale. The company is one of the most popular sites for affiliate marketers looking to earn commissions.
They provide shared hosting, dedicated hosting, WordPress hosting, and virtual private server hosting.
Here is a quick rundown of the shared packages:
- Basic: 1 website, 50 GB storage, unrestricted bandwidth, and a free SSL certificate
- Plus: Unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, and a free SSL certificate are all included.
- Choice Plus: Unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, and a free SSL certificate are all included.
- Pro: Unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, and a free SSL certificate are all included.
On the surface, there appears to be little difference between these plans. It pays to read the fine print, just like it does with HostGator.
Their WordPress-optimized hosting begins at less than $5 per month. A VPS costs less than $30 per month, and a dedicated server costs around $125 per month.
Bluehost provides storage ranging from 50GB to unmetered storage. You also have access to an unlimited amount of bandwidth. You get 2GB, 4GB, or 6GB of RAM depending on your price package.
Bluehost provides web hosting services to over 2 million websites. That is not surprising given their incredible speed, dependable uptime, and 24/7 customer support.
In your first year, you will receive a free SSL certificate as well as a free domain.
- Cheap price: Bluehost offers low introductory rates. Pricing begins at less than $5. This includes, among other things, 50 queries, GB of SSD storage, and a free SSL certificate.
- Free Domain: When you register, you receive a free domain name as well as an SSL certificate. However, you are charged for the annual domain renewal.
- Great uptime & fast: Bluehost has an average uptime of 99.96% and a loading speed of 641ms over the last year.
- Good support: Customers can contact Bluehost via live chat, email, or phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Customer service representatives are highly trained to handle all customer care issues.
- Price Jumps: Their rates of renewal are quite high. Although the cheapest plan costs around $3 per month, renewal fees start at almost $10 per month.
So that's a quick rundown of Bluehost's advantages and disadvantages. Let's take a look at some of the features that set Bluehost apart: Best Web Hosting For Small Business
Impressive Uptime: Bluehost has dependable servers. Your website should have fast loading times and consistent uptime.
Free Site Transfer: Within 30 days of signing up, Bluehost offers free transfers from other web hosts.
Bluehost is one of the most well-known hosting companies. They are a dependable business web host if you are starting a new site.
Choosing a Hosting Provider for Your Small Business
As a small business owner, there are several important factors to consider before selecting a hosting provider. Let's look at some of these factors.
The amount of time your website is available is referred to as uptime. As in, you enter the URL, hit return, and the site loads. If that is the case, your website is operational.
Downtime is the inverse of uptime, and it occurs when your website is inaccessible.
Naturally, you want your website to be accessible at all times. Issues with accessibility will have an impact on your website's ranking. For example, if 1,000 people click on your link in the SERPs and are unable to access the site, they will visit a competitor.
Google notices these things and may lower your website's search rankings as a result.
You want a business website hosting provider who is always available. Sure, your servers will need to be serviced from time to time, but that should be the exception rather than the rule.
When someone tries to access your website, the loading speed is the amount of time it takes to load. Load times are an important aspect of the user experience.
In search rankings, page load time is a ranking factor. The longer it takes for your site to load, the worse the user experience.
A quick website makes a good first impression on visitors. You require a quick hosting provider who guarantees a load time of two seconds or less.
Your website's security is critical. It not only prevents hackers from intercepting your information, but it also prevents malware attacks.
An attack could result in the loss of critical data on your website. Always look for website business hosting providers who prioritize security. This includes regular backups as well as regular anti-virus checks.
If you have a problem, you need a solution. And, as always, the best time to get an answer to your problem is yesterday.
The best small business website hosting should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is critical that your support staff resolves your issues on the first contact. Nothing is more aggravating than dealing with five different people who can't solve your problem.
What is the Best Web Hosting Site for Small Businesses?
In this guide, I reviewed seven of the best web hosting providers for small businesses. While each company on this list has advantages and disadvantages, they all provide excellent service.
However, when it comes to hosting, I recommend WPX (especially for WordPress). I use the service myself, and the company has always impressed me.
WPX Hosting provides excellent customer service. You can count on them to respond quickly to any question. They have a high rate of first-time resolution.
When you have a problem with your website, you need those quick response times. It's inconvenient to be unable to contact customer service when you have an urgent problem. Furthermore, every hour your website is unavailable can cost your company money.
While response times matter, what you really want is a solution to your problem. Again, a company like WPX, which solves the majority of problems on the first contact, can be a lifesaver. Professional, timely support can mean the difference between your website being unavailable for 20 minutes and down for 48 hours.
Finally, WPX's equipment is constantly updated to ensure that it is among the best on the market. Your site will load in record time thanks to modern equipment. This can result in higher search rankings.
Extras such as a global CDN that allows people to access your site quickly from anywhere in the world are a nice touch. That emphasis on providing fast hosting is critical in a competitive market where a few hundredths of a second difference can affect your search rankings.
I recommend their service if you're looking for a new web host or just getting started with a website. Take advantage of their money-back guarantee and use this link to save 90% on your first month of hosting.
Best Web Hosting For Small Businesses
|Price Range||Hosting Type Offered||Storage||Load Time Score||Uptime||Support Score|
|WPX||$24.99 - $99||Specializes in WordPress hosting. But I have run custom sites on their servers without issue.||10GB - 40GB||5||99.99%||5.0|
|Siteground||$6.99 - $13.99||Shared hosting, WordPress hosting, Woocommerce hosting,
|10GB - 40GB||4.5||99.99%||4.9|
|HostPapa||$3.95 - $20||Shared and Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting||50GB - 200GB||4.7||99.99%||4.8|
|Accuweb Hosting||From $19.51||Shared SSD hosting,
Dedicated server hosting,
|10GB - 50GB||4.5||99.99%||4.8|
|Hostgator||$2.75 -$148.98||Shared and dedicated hosting, VPS hosting,
|10GB - unlimited||4.5||99.99%||4.8|
|Hostinger||$0.99 - $29.95||Shared hosting,
VPS hosting, Managed
|10GB - 100GB||4.8||99.74%||4.7|
|Bluehost||$3.95 - $125||Shared hosting,
Dedicated server hosting,
Shared WordPress, Managed WordPress hosting,
|50GB - unlimited||4.5||99.96%||4.7|
Small Business Web Hosting Providers
Let's take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions about web hosts.
How much should I pay for web hosting?
It is determined by the type of hosting you select. A shared host, the cheapest option, can range from $3 to $15 per month. VPS hosting costs between $20 and $80 per month. Budget between $80 and $300 per month for dedicated hosting. WordPress and other types of specialized cloud hosting are priced differently.
Can I Host my Own Website?
Yes, your website can be hosted on your computer. The disadvantage is that it is difficult to set up and you will miss out on critical server security updates. In comparison, it is preferable to use a professional web hosting service.
Which Web Hosting is Best for Beginners?
Instead of dedicated server hosting, a shared host is probably the best option for someone just starting out. You share resources with other sites when you use shared hosting.
Bluehost is widely recommended for shared hosting. They have shared packages starting at a couple of dollars. Hostinger, which offers an incredibly low entry-level hosting plan, is another good option for newcomers. WPX is the clear leader in providing exceptional service. WPX provides the best-managed WordPress hosting for a small business site and the quickest average load times among all web hosts.
The WPX customer service team can also assist you in resolving technical issues with your website. When you need a problem with your website fixed quickly, that knowledge could save you a lot of time and money. For more options, see our complete list of the best web hosting providers for beginners.
Is GoDaddy a Good Website Host?
In general, GoDaddy is a good website host. GoDaddy provides excellent performance as well as adequate storage. However, some features are missing, such as backups, SSL certificates, and staging areas.
I'd recommend GoDaddy alternatives like WPX, Bluehost, or HostGator for hosting.
We also compared Godaddy and Bluehost on reliability, ease of use, and performance; the end result?
Bluehost is superior to Godaddy!